An online shop offers smart users a wide range of apps and games to play, learn or just get informed. Many of them are free and you just need to connect your phone to the Net and download to use them.
At the end of this section, you will have:
- written down and talked about the use of some apps.
- expressed capacity and possibility.
- searched further information about other apps and games.
- designed a digital poster on your favourite apps and games.
A smartphone or any other smart device can be very useful and can make our lives easier. There are plenty of apps and games that you can run for different purposes: for entertainment or for learning and doing homework.
Look at the picture and answer the questions below.
Apart from calling and texting, what can you do with your smartphone?
Watch one image about app uses. Can you add more categories below?
The process that you are about to follow will help you meaningfully in your next mission: the elaboration of a digital poster. So we recommend that you read carefully the steps below.
- Your teacher will divide your classgroup in groups of five students. Each group will be alloted one of the categories above or one that you may have added.
- Invite the other groups to add more names of apps to your category.
- Help enhance other groups' boards by adding names of apps related to categories different from the one in your board.
Tip: remember to include images representing the apps in your board.
The site Techradar can help you in your search. This web presents information about top apps and games. Enter the site and read about their characteristics.
In order to get some more information about apps, watch the video entitled Facebook, Instagram and Social Advice at commonsensemedia.org.
When finished, you will be able to include a link to your board from your weebly site, in the vocabulary section that you have created in the previous session.