Downloading apps and games onto a smart device is a simple task. You just need to look for the type of app or game you like, download it and play. If you don't like it, you have the choice to remove it into the garbage can.
At the end of this section, you will have:
- listened to instructions related to application downloads.
- learnt about computer-related verbs.
- revised and learnt some modal verbs and the imperative mode.
- given some instructions on how to download, install and remove apps and games on your phone.
First, let us watch the video Huawei Vision 2: Using Smartphone Apps Consumer Cellular. Watch and listen carefully to how you can download, install and remove apps and games.
While watching, try to do the following tasks:
- Write down four or five actions that you need to do when downloading, installing or removing an app from an online shop.
- If you cannot grasp any of the verbs that are mentioned, use a dictionary to check their meaning in your language.
- Write down the different steps that are mentioned on the video or as many as you can.
- Compare the steps that you have written down with your classmates'. Have you all got the same steps?
- Your teacher will check your answers and will write down all the steps on the blackboard. Make sure that you understand all the verbs/actions because you will use them later.
Giving instructions in English is very easy. Notice the verbs your teacher has used to report the necessary steps to download an app or game. Can you tell your classmates any instructions to be followed? In the next section, you will be working on language contents that you can use to give orders.