At the end of this section, you will have...
- shared your paragraph with classmates.
- learnt about how to improve a written paragraph.
- practised expressions to make suggestions.
- reported to the whole class about ideas in your group.
- worked on smartphone use vocabulary.
In this project we consider collaborative work as very important. For this reason, you are going to start sharing your missions with other students so that you can help them at the same time as they help you improve your tasks.
For a start, you will enter your site at Weebly to recover the paragraph about smartphone use that you wrote in the previous section. Do you think your text can be improved?
Let your classmates give you some tips on how you can write a good basic paragraph. Likewise, try to make some suggestions to other students. Now, your previous work needs to have included some new information regarding good wriiting.
Remember that your reference to check the texts must be the document `Rubric to assess informative/explanatory texts'.
Follow these steps
Watch the video How to write a basic paragraph to get some ideas.
Answer these questions orally:
- What guidelines should you follow to write a good text?
- Is there anything else that you must consider for writing a good paragraph or text? Brainstorm ideas with your classmates and teacher.
Watch the video IELTS Writing - Coherence & Cohesion and check if you considered the same or some other tips for good writing.
Now that you all know a bit more about good writing, it is time to share it with some of your classmates. Enter your site, more concretely the page entitled "My writing guide", where you posted your paragraph. Click on the social network buttons and choose P, which stands for Pinterest, the tool with which you are going to share your text with other three students. Likewise, the other students will share their text with you.
Tip: accompany your text with an image related to your text topic. You can upload it from your PC or find it on the Internet.
After reading your classmates' paragraphs, answer the following questions orally:
- Were your ideas about the use of smartphones approximately the same?
- How can you improve your classmates' text? Did your classmates use connectors correctly?
You will be able to answer these questions properly after practising the language contents presented below.