This project is part of a set of projects entitled 'Digital World' which is based on the curriculum for the 2nd year of compulsory secondary education.
The following objectives have been considered in the design of this project:
- to learn while working on a project.
- to encourage collaborative work, since most assignments require information sharing and interaction with other students.
- to foster students' self-learning process by using IT resources.
- to reinforce students' communicative skills through activities of listening and reading comprehension, but above all, through tasks in which they must produce their own oral and written messages.
About the project is the first section of the project containing information about the channels that students will use to publish and share all their work as we think that they will be happy to showcase their familiy and classmates the poster, slideshow, writing composition, etc. that they will have done throughout the project. From the wide range of websites and social networks available, we suggest that students have their own site at weebly.com, just like a portfolio, where they can post all their work and complete a Learning diary that will help them reflect on their own learning process.
Encourage students to design their site following a clear structure. Their site must contain at least these pages:
- Homepage, the first and main page which must include a title, index, images and a description of the project.
- 'My writing guide' . This page will include all the student's writing tasks and tips for good writing.
- 'Internet vocabulary'. Students will include here links to the wordmaps and charts that they create using key vocabulary.
- 'My digital resources'. On this page, students will publish the links to the digital material that they will have created in their missions, like their digital poster, slideshow or a voki recording.
On the other hand, students can use Pinterest to share their outcome with the people they like. Google drive apps will be also used for writing texts and preparing presentations collaborativelly. Besides, students can collect and add notes about vocabulary and grammar using online tools such as cacoo and canva.
The rest of sections in the project include several stages that students will need to go through to eventually do the final challenge, which is described in the 'Safety campaign' section and is based on the production of a flyer promoting Internet security. Within this learning resource, relevant language contents can be practised and a wide range of tasks is presented so that students are encouraged to practise and improve the linguistic skills required for their final output.