At the end of this mission you should be able to make comparisons using the proper grammar structure.
We will work on reading and writing skills.
In this mission you will create a Google Drive Slideshow in which you will present two sportsmen or sporstwomen and then we will ask you to compare them. This will be a pair activity.
Let's follow these steps to achieve the final aim of this mission:
- Choose two athletes from the 'list of multi-sport athletes'.
- Start with the slideshow; it will have five slides:
- Slide 1: You will write a title and the name of the authors.
- Slide 2: The data of the first athlete. (Name, Date of birth, High, Weight, Number of prizes (medals, cups, ....). A photo would be something great.
- Slide 3: The data of the second athlete. (Name, Date of birth, High, Weight, Number of prizes (medals, cups, ....). A photo would be something great.
- Slide 4: Write down six sentences comparing them. Remember to use the comparative and superlative structures you are learning. (The following activity will help you with it)
- Slide 5: Farewell.
- Important: You have to use free images or Creative Commons ones.
This 'Rubric for Slide Presentation' will help you know how to do a great job:
This presentation will be part of your final post for the portfolio. At the moment, create a new post with the link you have worked on, the mission you have developed and the two athletes presented on your slideshow.
Don't forget to identify your post with the tag "Project sport journalist".
If you want, your teacher can spread your post using the Twitter account of the classroom. For that you have to write down the tweet for the teacher. Remember:
- You can use 140 characters.
- Include the link to your post.
- Use the hashtag of the project: #projectsportjournalism.
The 'Rubric to assess a tweet' will help you know how to do a great job.