The final outcome will be a magazine of recipes in which you will include a recipe of a food that you like. In order to be able to create the final product, you will surf and overcome different missions that will help you gain knowledge and acquire strategies.
This project will be worked in a collaborative way. There will be pair work, team work and individual work. This means that the knowledge will be created by the teacher's explanation, as well as self investigation and interaction among the partners.
It will be really important for the success to follow all the instructions given in each activity, using the net and the links as a source of information.
We will use a blog that works as your digital portfolio. Each of you must have his/her own blog. The tutorial 'How to start a blog on blogger' will help you to create the blog in a very easy way. The 'Rubric to assess blog posts' will help you do a great work on your blog:
Along the work you'll be asked to make some posts to share and present the works and activities you are doing. At the end of all of them you will be asked to design a final post with all the knowledge and products you will have come up with along this project.
All your posts in the blog will be identified with the tag "Project A Cookbook".
This project is part of a group of projects. If you have learnt through the rest of these projects, use always the same blog. If you work only on this one, you must create one for your work.
It would be a pity if just the teacher, you and some of your partners enjoyed your final work and your blog. Why don't you use other ways to spread the word?
- Send the blog link to your parents, friends... They will really like to know what you are doing at school.
- Get a Twitter account for the class, it will be run by the teachers. Tweet what you want to publish promoting your final post and some of the works using the #projectacookbook hashtag and create one with the name of your group (e.g. #iescedecgroupthekings). Remember: 140 characters including the link and the hashtag the class has decided on for this project. Because of your age the Twitter account will be run by your teachers, so you will write the tweet and then your teacher will recap all the class tweets in list.ly. The 'Rubric to asses a tweet'.
will help you create a good tweet.
At the end of each mission your teacher will give you a badge through the website Class Badges. Let`s try and do our best!
Every mission will include a final task to consolidate all the learning. This final task will be assessed using different rubrics:
- Food around the world:'Rubric for informative / explanatory text'
- At the restaurant: 'Rubric to asses a video challenge'
This project will be evaluated following this pattern:
- Your teacher will evaluate the final product (last post in your blog) following the rubric to assess the general product. It will be 40% of the final score.
- Your partners will carry out peer assessment and will grade your collaborative teamwork. It will be 20% of the final score. The students can generate the different levels or items to evaluate.
- Students will self-evaluate the final product using the rubric. It will be 20% of the final score.
- The final score will also include 20% for the teacher to evaluate how the students are involved in the project or tackle the different missions.