The Griffith Observatory is a tourist destination for some good reasons. The first is the good view of Mount Hollywood and the great sight of the Hollywood Sign as well as of the city of Los Angeles.
The second reason is the price because the admission is free, although maybe as a visitor you have to pay a small fee for planetarium shows. The observatory was renovated in 2006 and it offers different exhibitions, including "The Big Picture", an image of a cluster of galaxies.
At the end of the session, you will have:
- visited the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles
- had fun singing one of the songs by the American singer "Bruno Mars" from Los Angeles.
- shared the video of your mental map through different means.
Why don't you visit the Griffith's website?
Can you find the answers to the following questions at the website? Write the answers in your learning diary.
- Which day is the Observatory not open? (Check the Admission section)
- What other means of transport does the observatory suggest instead of getting there by car? (Check the Getting Here section)
- Is there a good signal for mobile phones at the observatory? (Check the Helpful Guidelines section)
- When will the next lunar eclipse happen in Los Angeles? (Check the The Moon section)
Remember that the Griffith Observatory must be part of the route at your Google Sites map.
Continue with your posts on Twitter (#taskwayoflife and #projectlosangeles). Visit the friends of the observatory (FOTO) website and select which way you would choose in order to support the association and send a tweet with the link of the way you have chosen explaining why.