Let’s start knowing a little bit more about the city that we are going to visit in this project. Our first stop in the city of Edinburgh is Edinburgh Castle, maybe the most famous landmark in the whole city.
You can also visit its official website and surf the different sections it contains: 'Explore the castle', 'Plan your visit', 'Hire the Castle', 'What's On?' and 'Prices & Tickets'. After having surfed these websites, are you in the mood of visiting it?
At the end of the session,you will have:
- been introduced to Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland.
- Known all the outcomes you have to produce in this project.
- Started thinking about what to include in your poster.
Watch the video Top 10 Attractions Edinburgh - Hostelword Video and try to write down at least 4 of the most famous places in Edinburgh:
After having watched the video, answer the following questions orally:
- Do you know any other famous places in Edinburgh? Do you know the name of any other Scottish cities?
- Have you ever been to Edinburgh? And to any other European capital cities?
- Do you remember any of the monuments you visited?
- Any interesting or favourite landmarks?
- Do you recommend visiting any of these cities? Why? Why not?
If you are eager to know more details about the capital of Scotland, watch the following video:
As you could see, this is a good resource to see places and hear sounds about the city you are going to work on during this project. Which has been the most surprising? Is there anything that you already knew? Have you chosen your favourite place in Edinburgh yet?
As you are going to see in a few moments, Edinburgh Castle will be the first place you should include on a Google Site map. Don't forget about it!