Let’s start knowing a little bit more about the city that we are going to visit in this project. Our first stop in New York is going to be The Empire State Building. The second-tallest skyscraper in Manhattan, the Empire State Building was built in 1931 and changed the skyline of New York forever. The observation deck can be visited on the 86th floor for a bird's-eye view of the city.
At the end of the session,you will have:
- been introduced to New York, one of the most important cities in the world.
- known all the outcomes you have to produce in this project.
- started thinking about which five things you are going to include in the infography about your own life.
Watch the video New York City Tourism and taste some of the events and places New York offers to the tourist. Which place woulfd you like to visit? Which one has impressed you the most?
After having watched the video, try to answer the following questions orally:
- Do you know any other famous places in New York? Do you know the name of the five different neighbourhoods in New York?
- Have you ever been to New York? And to any other American cities in the United States? Do you know of anybody who has?
- If so, do you remember any of the monuments or places you visited? Any interesting or favourite landmarks?
- Would you like to visit this city in the future? Who with?
If you want to know more details about the most unbelievable city in the world, watch the video New York Travel Guide.
As you could see, this is a good resource to see places and hear sounds about the city we are going to work on along this project. Which has been more surprising to you? Is there anything that you already knew? Have you chosen your favourite place in New York yet?
You can answer and summarize these three questions in a short monologue and you can share it with your classmate or with the rest of the class. You can also record it and upload it to your learning diary as a podcast.
As you are going to see in a few moments, The Empire State Building will be the first place you should include on a Google Site map. Don't forget about it! Meanwhile, visit its official website and explore all the things you can visit in the building.